Domain Name or Website Name Registration
A domain name is your website’s address on the internet where people can access your website. It is something that internet users type in the browser’s URL bar to visit your site.
Domain names have mainly two parts separated by a dot. The first part is your brand name which can have any combination of letters and numbers, like ITish Solutions, whereas the second part is a domain extension like .com, .org, .net, .com.uk, etc.
Each domain is a unique web address. This means that there can be only one website-name (domain-name) in the world.
Website Hosting Services
Web hosting is a disk storage server’s location where your website content (pages, images or video) files are placed. It’s like the home of your website.
If your domain name was the address of your house, then the actual house is “The Hosting Server”. You need both a domain name and web hosting to create a website.
When a user tries to access your website by entering your web address (www.itishsolutions.com) in the browser’s URL bar, the domain name points them to the files stored in the web server. Then, they can see your website online.
ITish Solutions provides burden & hastle free Website Hosting Services.
- Shared Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- Reseller Hosting / VPS Hosting
Shared web hosting is the most affordable type of domain hosting available. It is affordable because you share a server with various companies who also want a low-cost web hosting plan. Each company that shares this server has its own specified amount of storage space that is defined by the hosting package. Depending on the size of the server, you could possibly have thousands of websites hosted on the same platform, with each user receiving an allotment of the total available bandwidth, memory, and power.
The four main benefits from shared hosting are:
- Cost Effectiveness – The most obvious advantage is the low price. For smaller, newer sites, shared hosting is typically the most optimal since it is the least expensive and still provides an ample amount of bandwidth, power, and memory.
- Efficiency – Shared hosting ensures that your company is being efficient with its resources. You pay for what you actually need, rather than sinking in more money for bandwidth or memory you be unlikely to require.
- Convenience – Your shared web hosting with Domain.com is managed by skilled experts. They focus on maintaining server health, leaving you the time to focus on your business. This labor specialization also increases your efficiency.
- Customization – Even though your server space is shared, your website is still 100% customizable to your specifications.
- Shared Hosting – Shared hosting plans are the cheapest of the three options. It provides a smaller amount of memory, bandwidth, and power and is typically intended for smaller companies with low to moderate site traffic.
- Dedicated Hosting – Dedicated hosting is the equivalent of owning your own home. It is entirely yours, and no one else can use it without your expressed permission. For dedicated hosting, the server is dedicated to powering a single domain giving you the most power, bandwidth, and memory.
For an in-depth comparison, see our helpful guide on shared vs dedicated hosting.
Dedicated hosting is not for everyone and generally provides more resources than the average business requires. Dedicated hosting is ideal for very large companies that regularly experience a high volume of internet traffic or sales, or require a large amount of disk space. Dedicated hosting grants you the greatest flexibility, customization, and security of the three types of hosting but is also the most expensive.